Re: requesting official list of modules and versions for GNOME 2.14

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 20:41 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:
> If users want to get a dialog of the power status for all of their
> devices we should offer this functionality somewhere else, perhaps
> in the power management properties (Mouse Power: Good/UPS Power:
> Good, 14 minutes).

I'm not sure the average user wants things dumbed down to this extent by
default.

> This way we avoid the notification spam and keep most of our
> notification passive.

What about if the notifications for low battery were just configurable
(we can argue about the defaults later :-) so that you only get the last
"I'm dying!" type notification -- the tooltip icon already changes it's
icon and tooltip for all the events.

Bear in mind, feedback from users has been positive about the
notifications -- I've not had one complaint or bugzilla. And wow, people
have been pretty picky about lots of other stuff. :-)

Richard.