Re: Module decisions for GNOME 2.14

On 2/11/06, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 18:23 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> >   + gnome-power-manager: people like it, but some mor work is needed,
> >     and more integration should be done. It won't go in for 2.14, but
> >     we'd like to see a good integration work starting soon for 2.16.
>
> No worries. Does this mean I can start adding new translatable strings,
> i.e. break string freeze? There's loads of stuff for wireless mice,
> PDA's and UPS's queued up at the moment.

Yes, this means that you are not subject to the Gnome freezes.
However, there are two distros, Ubuntu and Fedora, which appear to be
planning to ship gnome-power-manager with a schedule very close to
that of 2.14.  You may want to consider voluntarily following the
freeze to make it easier on translators and thus ensure that users of
your software in those distros using another language have a better
experience.  You may want to talk with gnome-i18n@ (and
gnome-doc-list@ if they've already started documening g-p-m) and at
least let them know of your decision.  But it's up to you.

Also, technically string freeze doesn't start until Monday (at 23:59
UTC); currently we're only in string announcement period.  So even if
you were subject to the freezes, you could still make the changes as
long as you notified gnome-i18n & gnome-doc-list.

Hope that helps,
Elijah