Re: a great idea for gnome three

edoardo wrote:
i don't write much on this list, but i think a few days ago i had a fantastic idea for gnome three. it's a revolution.
Sorry to upset you, but it's not a revolution at all. Putting apart choosing the middle mouse button (it's "paste" in any text field, so you have a hard time with your idea over a text editor), your idea doesn't scale well. What about having a list of 20 or 30 applications? I'm afraid I'll get tired scrolling to the application I need, taking into account I see only one application at a time. Moreover, I don't see how your idea differs from a simple main menu invocation (ok, let's show main menu somewhere about the mouse cursor - now, what's the difference?).

--
 Alexey "Ktirf" Rusakov