Re: some breakages due to icons move from hicolor to gnome

Le jeudi 23 février 2006 à 13:41 -0500, Rodney Dawes a écrit :

> There is an XSetting that we can set from gtkrc and is set by
> gnome-settings-daemon for this. We should be setting it
> in /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc.

Should that file be installed by GTK so?

> Applications should never crash on missing icons from the theme. If
> there are crashes, please file bugs with backtraces so they can be
> fixed properly.

Yeah, I know that and I do file bugs when required, still it triggers
some application bugs and create an unstable period

> gnome-settings-daemon tries to get run twice, and such. I think we
> should just fix this race, so that things don't get loaded until
> gnome-settings-daemon is up and happy. Then we can just make it load and
> set the XSettings as fast as possible.

Right, probably something we want to look on for that cycle so

> As stated here and my last comment on the g-i-t bug, we should install
> an /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc with the following line:
>
> gtk-fallback-icon-theme = "gnome"

Works for me

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher