Re: Kick libxklavier from the release set and make it an invalid dependency?

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 09:47 +0300, Alexey Rusakov wrote:

> >  - Get the tarballs uploaded to gnome ftp
> >  - Remove libxklavier, and make it a blessed external dependency
> >  - Remove libxklavier from the desktop, and make any functionality
> > depending on it only do so optionally and not compiled in by default
> >
> > Comments?
> As far as I know, libxklavier is a freedesktop.org project nowadays, so I
> think the second solution is the most reasonable one.

This is how I understood it too. libxklavier handles all of our XKB
support, it would not do to be without it. I wasn't even aware it was
considered part of our release set, I always thought it was part of X.

Dependence should not be dropped. Everything else is policy and wording.

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA