Re: Trying to reach consensus for the proposed modules

Salut Vincent,

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 23:00 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
>  + pyorbit: I think everyone is okay with this one

What is it used for? I guess that's to add to the bindings.

>  + deskbar-applet: most people were okay, some people thought it was
> eating too much memory. I'd say consensus was "accept", but there's
> the
> issue that it depends on gnome-python-extras, which is not in the
> bindings. What should be done here?

>From the screencasts, and screenshots, it looked like it could do with a
bit of trimming, ie. it showed too much of the underlying system to my
liking.

>  + gnome-screensaver: people want this. I'd say we should go with it
> and
> I believe it's the general consensus, but maybe some people think it's
> not ready yet?

Drop-in replacement for xscreensaver, but with a decent UI. I'm in.

>  + nautilus-actions: there were some questions wrt to how it's
> integrated in nautilus. Some people wanted it to be integrated in some
> other way. No consensus, but maybe the issues have been resolved.
> Anyone
> able to comment?

I don't see this as having any place in the desktop the way it was done.
I'd rather see an equivalent to the NeXTStep/MacOS X services being put
in place, from GTK+ upwards, rather than "fixing it" for one
application.

>  + libnotify & notify-daemon: I don't remember seeing it clearly
> proposed on the lists, but when I asked John (or was it Rodrigo?) on
> IRC, he told me it was :-) Probably needs some discussion first,
> though.
> Some modules already have optional dependency and can use it.

Only if it has any good use for the modules that can make use of it, and
those are in the Desktop release.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>