Re: Trying to reach consensus for the proposed modules

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 18:30 -0500, Pat Suwalski wrote:

> > Murray's email, it's not suitable for that set either.  So we need to
> > determine what we want to do and reach consensus on this point as
> > well.  A variety of options exist:
>
> I'll bring a conservative point of view forward: binding inclusion
> aside, does this make gedit any faster?

Gedit is a lot faster in 2.13 than 2.12.  Have you tried it recently?

>  Does it make it slower? Slower
> is not acceptable, as gedit has been feeling slower and slower every
> release.
>
> Maybe it's time for a gedit-lite that bears much more resemblance to
> Windows notepad than where gedit is going.

Notepad is a poor excuse for a text *viewer*, with inane limitations
that have survived the ages.  Even on win32 I use wordpad instead of
notepad.  I wouldn't use it in a comparison with any software - even
with cat or emacs - as a form of respect for the other program.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi - <ebassi gmail com>