Re: Trying to reach consensus for the proposed modules

Il giorno gio, 12/01/2006 alle 01.02 +0100, Murray Cumming ha scritto:
> I don't understand how the python gtksourceview bindings are being used
> by gedit. Is it used by the plugin system or by a plugin that is
> supplied with gedit?

The inheritance goes

GtkTextBuffer -> GtkSourceBuffer -> GeditDocument
GtkTextView -> GtkSourceView -> GeditView

plugins have full access to the buffer and view, so they can for
instance set and get properties of GtkSourceView.

Beside some crucial stuff like undo/redo and printing is implemented in
sourceview and plugins may need to poke at it.

Paolo