Gnome Unable to Display Authenticated Nautilus Windows

If I become root in a non-root account, then try to launch nautilus, I get the following error:

(nautilus:3660): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed. *** glibc detected *** nautilus: double free or corruption (out): 0xb7a00570 ***

Sometimes it'll hang there until I do ctrl+c, and sometimes it'll return immediately. Has anyone seen this before? I'm running Gnome 2.10.0. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris