Re: Trying to reach consensus for the proposed modules

Chipzz wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Paolo Borelli wrote:

support disabled. That said we think that python support is a really
important feature and it's having a huge success (I have seen more
plugins in the last month than in the last two years). I'd love that

A comment here which not only refers to gedit, but also to those other
apps which are creating plugins: do we actually have a standard consis-
tant cross-application framework for scripting? I don't know how good
VBA is at this, but I think we cannot have a different approach for e-
very other application like gnumeric and abiword and gedit etc... Did
anyone actually bother to think this through?

yes but we are waiting for gobject's full introspection to materialise to make this possible (IE it will give us language independent COM like functionality which is what VBA uses for scripting).

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://www.advogato.org/person/jamiemcc/