Re: New modules in 2.14

Le lundi 16 janvier 2006 �9:13 -0700, Elijah Newren a �it :
> Ok, here's what I'm guessing is the rough module consensus after
> having re-read or skimmed a ton of emails:
>
> In:
> - pyorbit (bindings suite)
> - deskbar-applet
> - fast-user-switch-applet (though this should be integrated in the panel later)
> - gnome-power-manager
> - gnome-screensaver
> - pessulus (new admin suite[2])
> - sabayon[1] (also in new admin suite)
> - libnotify & notification-daemon[3]
> - gnome-python-desktop[4] (_desktop_ suite)
>
> Out:
> - atomix[5]
> - nautilus-actions
> - anything else (if there be any) that might have been proposed but
> apparently wasn't important enough for anyone to bring up in the
> recent trying-to-reach-consensus thread ;-)
>
> Does that sound right?

Sounds right to me. The only thing I fear is that a lot of apps will use
notification bubbles without good reasons. I'd like to see some HIG
recommandations for this.

Also, it's not clear whether apps should use notification bubbles or the
notification area. And sometimes they use both...

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�