Re: Time to heat up the new module discussion

On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 10:33 +0200, Andy Wingo wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 23:33 -0500, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
> > Anti-Mono folks generally [...] think
> > that high level languages should only be used for
> > prototyping (the benefits of RAD don't outweigh the
> > cons).
>
> Some people have said this, but I don't think all people uncomfortable
> with mono would agree.

I should have replaced every occurrence of "Pro-Mono folks" with

 "some people whom at some time in April, May or June argued for
including Mono in GNOME in some way"

and "Anti-Mono folks" with

 "some people whom at some point in April, May or June argued against
including Mono in GNOME in someway"

... but then it would have been impossible to read.

> > I would like to remind them that
> > gnome-games, long included by default on every Linux distribution,
> > depends on Scheme (the guile bindings).
>
> AFAIU it only depends on guile, not the guile bindings to the gnome
> stack.

Yes, you are correct.