Re: [Evolution-hackers] Memory consumption and virtual machines

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 16:05 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 14:46 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

> I've been talking to Philip on IRC, and gave him these requirements for
> his patch:
>
> 1. Don't change the external ABI of Camel, so that Evo needs no changes,
> *OR* also submit a patch to update Evo for the changed API.

Achieved

> 2. Make sure the summary format on disk works with older Evos without
> making *them* rewrite the summaries.  This is for deployments which have
> machines with old and new versions of GNOME, but NFS homedirs accessible
> from any machine.

Achieved my renaming all the summary filenames

> 3. Keep the coding style, variable naming convention, indentation, etc.

Done

For you, attached and on a plate:

        o. The patch for evolution-data-server
        o. The patch for evolution-exchange

Trying to get this upstream is, for me, saying thank you.

Looking at the patch technically AND testing it (and if it doesn't
perform, giving me numbers that compare it with the original implement-
ation) is all I'm asking for.

If Novell wants me to implement unit tests (or other tests) for this, I
will ask for payment.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be