Re: Mac shipments up 12% [Was: focus!]

Hi Ghee

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 15:00 +0100, Ghee Teo Sun COM wrote:
> Alex Jones wrote:
>

> >The fact that Ubuntu bundles Firefox (and turns off automatic session
> >saving, as Firefox is incompatible with it) kind of saddens me. Session
> >management is one of the benefits of GNOME, yet they sacrifice it in
> >order to bundle something which Windows users are more familiar with.
> >

> I don't turning off automatic session is accidentally or to make it
> work like window. It is turn off because Firefox is just *NOT* session
> capable.

That's what I was saying. In order to keep Firefox bundled, they
disabled session management as a compromise. The trade-off sucks. If
they had gone with Epiphany instead, it wouldn't be an issue. As it
happens I have to explain to everyone I know who uses Ubuntu that
Epiphany lets you do session saving - and when I show them how it works
they ALL choose to ditch Firefox right there and then.

Perhaps we do need an official GNOME distribution? :P