Re: Mac shipments up 12% [Was: focus!]

<quote who="Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller">

> Sorry Jeff, I simply don't see it. Neither the momentum you are seeing or
> the sudden incredibility of their platform.

It's not sudden - they've been submarining it for years now. To great
effect.

> So the general market was up 11% and Apple beat that by 1%.

I was less interested by that than the general upswing of Apple itself.

> Anyway, Apple's fortune's are a bit off-topic for this list. My original
> point was simply that we should be very careful about fan boying Apple and
> believing that mimicking Apple is our way to success.

I prefer to think about it as "understanding a competitor's success and not
being railroaded by it".

- Jeff

  "Everything I knew about TCP/IP I had downloaded the same day I started
                     hacking the net code." - Alan Cox