Re: Mac shipments up 12% [Was: focus!]

<quote who="Matthew Paul Thomas">

> First, Jeff is perhaps an example of people thinking  that "people at
> conferences I attend are switching to Macs" => "Mac  market share is
> increasing substantially", when it ain't so.

No: It was not market share that I was interested in, it was Apple simply
selling more, and who they are selling to (buttloads of new users, taking
advantage of their momentum). I'm not saying they're going to win, and I'm
not saying they're going to be our chief competitor - I am saying that it is
worth watching out for them, and understanding *WHY* they are succeeding in
this way (whether Christian or whoever thinks they're succeeding on his
terms is not relevant).

- Jeff

     "Perdon; estoy buscando mis pantalones." - Luis Villa's Essential
                                  Spanish