Re: Baobab

2006/7/26, Alex Jones <alex weej com>:
As an outsider to this whole process, though, I'm not sure I totally
understand why applications have to be bundled into packages of vaguely
related software like this. Can't distributions make their own minds up?

GNOME software is (supposed to be) guaranteed to have some things like
active maintaining, translations, documentation etc. through
concentrated effort, something that individual projects (and their
maintainers) might never achieve.

But it's true that the definition of GNOME as a whole is a bit
complex, and does indeed contain more than just "vaguely related
software" :)

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi