Re: Baobab

<quote who="Emmanuele Bassi">

> > I think Davyd's question was more about whether Baobab (or its function)
> > is suitable to be considered part of the basic offering of GNOME itself.
> > I am not convinced it should be there myself.
>
> I personally love when a discussion about the release takes place; I love
> it a little less when it happens three months after I started the
> discussion, after I received a "go ahead" from the release team, and
> especially when the integration has already been done and releases are
> already out.
>
> This is really timely.  Not.

I realise that's unfortunate, but it can take time for people to notice
changes and/or see an opportunity to comment on it. I honestly thought this
was an Ubuntu misthink. :-)

(Additionally, we should absolutely be willing to go back on changes we make
during the development cycle, otherwise we won't ever be bold enough to try
out crazy things with the knowledge that we can revert if needs be. So I can
understand your frustration, but it's not very different to other situations
we should be prepared to handle.)

- Jeff

   "The ability to procrastinate is what separates us from the machines."
                     - Chris Gregory, Desktop Magazine