Re: Applications launched from dbus missing SESSION_MANAGER env. var.

On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 19:44 +0000, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
>   I have a problem with a program that behaves badly when launched from
> dbus[1], as opposed from starting manually from terminal, run dialog, or
> deskbar applet.  To see what was going on, I extracted the environment
> of the process in both situations.  The attached diff shows how the
> environments differ (env2.good = launched from deskbar, env2.bad =
> launched by dbus).  Besides the difference in DISPLAY (from "1.0" to
> "1"), the missing SESSION_MANAGER variable jumped to my attention, as
> well as missing GNOME_KEYRING_SOCKET.

Don't reinvent the wheel.  See how bonobo-activation-server handles this
--- it has a mechanism to pass interesting environment variables to
spawned children.

[OK, the wheel has been reinvented already - d-bus vs. b-a-s :) ]

  Federico