Re: Mono bindings a blessed dependency? [Was: Tomboy in 2.16]

Elijah Newren wrote:
> Should Mono be a valid dependency and C# a blessed language?

 Talking from a user side here: the most exciting new applications for
 the GNOME desktop that I saw (and came to love) over the last two years
 or so are not (at least not solely) implemented in C. To name a few:
 Banshee, Muine, Tomboy, Beagle, deskbar-applet.

 As a user I do not care about which programming language is implemented
 in, and I think that we (the users) would benefit from C# being a
 "blessed" language within GNOME as it apparently improves the
 development of GNOME application development (or why were the above
 mentioned applications not implemented in C?).

--
Sebastian Bergmann                      http://www.sebastian-bergmann.de/
GnuPG Key: 0xB85B5D69 / 27A7 2B14 09E4 98CD 6277 0E5B 6867 C514 B85B 5D69