Re: Important changes to gnome-doc-utils

On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 17:27 -0600, Shaun McCance wrote:

> I just committed some changes to the XSLT that generates
> OMF files for your DocBook documentation.  There are two
> very important things that maintainers need to know about:
>
> 1) As per bug #319705, we no longer allow ScrollKeeper
> category codes that ScrollKeeper doesn't know about.
>
> 2) All of the things that used to be warnings are now
> errors.  If you trigger one of these, it really does
> need to be fixed for your documentation to work right.
> I was lenient in the past, but I think it's time we
> just cracked down.
>
> If you upgrade to gnome-doc-utils from CVS, you might
> find your favorite module no longer builds.  Fixing
> these modules is generally very simple.  I anticipate
> everything ironing out within the week.
>
> If you have any problems you can't solve, feel free to
> ask on gnome-doc-devel-list gnome org or on the #docs
> channel on GIMPNet.

I want to mention quickly how to differentiate these
problems form other problems you may have introduced
yourself.  All of them will have an error message of
the form

db2omf: <Description of problem>

If you see an error message starting with "db2omf:",
then it's a result of this change.  Otherwise, it's
somebody else's fault.  (But obviously, we'll still
help with any documentation-related build problems.)

--
Shaun