Re: Proposing GtkUnique 1.0 as a blessed external dependency

Le mardi 14 novembre 2006, à 11:56, Emmanuele Bassi a écrit :
> Hi all;
>
> as some maintainers of GNOME modules have expressed their interest in
> using GtkUnique[1] as a dependency for their applications, I'd like to
> officially propose it as a blessed external dependency for GNOME.
>
> GtkUnique is now hosted on GNOME CVS under the gtkunique module[2] and
> if needed I'll also request a Bugzilla product for it; I can commit it
> to API+ABI freeze after the 1.0 release - which should happen as soon as
> the end of the month.
>
> Any comments are, as always, welcome.

So, let's try to see where we want to go with GtkUnique. Here are the
solutions I see:

 1. Get this in a GTK+ release we can ship with GNOME 2.18
 2. Bless GtkUnique as an external dependency
 3. Include the code in the modules that want to use it for now (while
    waiting for a GTK+ release that ships it)
 4. Include GtkUnique in the desktop for 2.18
 5. Profit? Hrm, sorry.

Solution 1 seems unlikely. Thanks to libegg, I hate solution 3. So we
have 2 and 4.

To me, it doesn't sound like GtkUnique would be "external", and I'd put
it in the desktop if necessary. My personal opinion is that solution 4
is the current best solution.

Any other solution?

Vincent

--