Re: Metacity Compositor

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 18:53 -0400, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Daniel Borgmann">
>
> > Is there really any objective reason why Compiz shouldn't be at least
> > considered as a potential successor to Metacity?
>
> Because it does not benefit from a long history of development, testing and
> fixes for crucial window management behaviour, and gives everyone terrible,
> vomitous flashbacks to Sawfish configuration (those who don't feel ill have
> not learned from history, and are doomed to repeat it).

I'm not sure how lisp like configuration equates with something that
exposes all its settings in gconf and has a dbus plugin for remote
control.  gnome-xgl is a settings gui that is fairly generic (except for
enabling Xgl on suse), although it could use a little UI love.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
Novell, Inc.