Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

Rodrigo Moya wrote:
I guess more than 'shipped by a distro' is 'used by lots of people',
that is, so that we make sure it doesn't introduce lots of problems. So,
the question is where/who/how is using tracker?

ever since I shipped a deb for ubuntu almost 4 months ago, it has not surprisingly been mostly used by a number of ubuntu users who are very pleased with it.

The ubuntu forums are full of praise for Tracker and so while I cant put a figure on user counts it does nevertheless have some significant coverage there.

I also dont see the significance of a proposed app needing to be in widespread use as the whole purpose of a four month period between proposal and acceptance is precisely to try them out!

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://jamiemcc.livejournal.com/