Re: Proposal: gnome-main-menu for inclusion in GNOME 2.18

Rodrigo Moya wrote:

IMO, it should replace the menu applet currently in gnome-panel, they
serve the same purpose but slab has a much better look and a few extra
features that make it quite useful, so if I were decide, I would include
slab in the panel, to replace the current menu

IMHO the purpose of both of them is different. In particular I don't see any equivalent to the Places menu in there (at least from the screenshot I got from google).

I'm fine with including it (actually I don't care at all) but I'm against using it to replace the current three menu applet, mostly because I wouldn't use such a menu for myself: it's way worse than the current one when you know what you are going to do (looks like you have to move your mouse much more; note that my main use of the current applet is though the places menu)

BTW I think ubuntu is writing something similar, but I don't recall the name.