Re: Notifications for build & release issues: gnome-control-center

On 10/21/06, Thomas Wood <thos gnome org> wrote:
I think information about which dependencies are mandatory and which are
  optional would be very helpful. Optional dependencies are probably
even more important, as they are the hardest to discover.

There's a lot of good information in the releng directory, but I doubt
people know about it. We need a system to generate some nice html pages
for each release detailing all of the above information in a nice
readable format. Did anyone ever have anything to do something like this?

Nope, it's never been created.  Would you like to work on something
like that?  The optional dependencies make sense as well, though you
won't find all the information you need for that in the jhbuild
modulesets (e.g. existing optional dependencies on beagle by modules
such as nautilus and yelp)