Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

[ cross-post reduced d-d-l ]

Jamie McCracken wrote:
> Some people might not like that but I think its a practical compromise.
> With tracker being the only one written in pure C it is therefore the
> only one that can *ultimately* get into the Gnome platform and be fully
> integrated (at the moment I am just proposing it for desktop which is
> just a simple blessing nothing more).

What is the problem with having C++ into the platform? After all C++
does not bring more dependencies, and C++ does not implies C++ APIs.

Is there any written policy or is that just personnal anti-C++ FUDing
like it is pretty common in the Gnome world with mostly misinformed
statement about performance, etc ?

Hub