Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

Ross Burton wrote:
On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 23:26 +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
I think that the idea Ross is trying to get across here is that rather
than having a flat namespace of metadata types, you want to have
relationships between the metadata types (metadata about metadata).

[snip]

Yes, thanks James for explaining clearly what I was trying to say. :)

I have been thinking of allowimg all metadata to be registered with an optional hardcoded dublin core type(1) so we could use maybe "dc.creator" that would search all metadata registered against that type.

You would not be able to get/set the value of any of the dc types obviously as they would potentially point to more than one metadata.

Would that satisfy you Ross?

(1) http://dublincore.org/documents/1999/07/02/dces/

--
Mr Jamie McCracken