Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

Luca Ferretti wrote:
Il giorno gio, 19/10/2006 alle 03.10 +0100, Jamie McCracken ha scritto:
Hi,

We have just released a new stable version of tracker (0.5.0) which can be found here:

http://www.gnome.org/~jamiemcc/tracker/tracker-0.5.0.tar.bz2

I would like to propose this for inclusion into Gnome 2.18 as its now been well tested and should be stable enough.

A GNOME module without l10n support??!!?? Unbelievable.  :-)

yes slap me :)

OK, here is a patch to add l10n support to tracker. Please note that:

      * the current gettext translation domain is gnome-utils-2.0. This
        is bad, tracker should not share translations with gnome utils
        and should use an own translation domanin
      * the proposed patch will use the new po/LINGUAS method to list
        available locales. This will force tracker to depend on intltool
        >= 0.35
      * there are some sparse N_() and _() added in
        tracker-search-tool.c
      * there are some files that shouldn't be on cvs:
        tracker/po/Makefile.in.in and tracker/aclocal.m4 (the last one
        should be autogenerated at autogen time). Also there are some
        missing stuff in .cvsignore
      * of course the patch don't include po/LINGUAS and po/ChangeLog
        files

I can commit this on cvs in a day or two, if you like.

We had some build problems using the generated aclocal (not me but some other people did).

Is the generated stuff gnome specific? Because tracker daemon is freedesktop and might be used by XFCE or some other desktop I would need that bit to be optional if it is.

We only build the tracker-search-tool if Gnome libs are detected. Im not an expert on the auto-foo stuff so any advioce here would be most appreciated

Cheers, Luca.

PS please note the "vbox = gtk_hbox_new (FALSE, 2);" in
src/tracker-search-tool/tracker-search-tool.c
While it's strange use "vbox" as name for a hbox, this should be (TRUE,
2) to have Previous and Next buttons at the same size. The same size for
buttons is an HIG request for dialogs.
Can I fix those issues too?

yes please :)

thanks you.