Re: gnome-open behavior reguarding .desktop files

Kevin> Personally, I think that we should offer an API to execute .desktop file
Kevin> commands somewhere in the libgnome api, but maybe gnome-open isn't the
Kevin> place to do it? Please, all thoughts and commends welcome.

There is an API for this in the gnome-desktop module.

For the gnome-open program, it does sound reasonable that it would
launch the .desktop file rather than open it with an editor.

Tom