Re: Proposing Tracker for inclusion into GNOME 2.18

Aaron Bockover wrote:

How common will the music database be if the only application adopting
it is Rhythmbox? Maybe that thread can be restarted from a clean slate
on g-m-l, but I honestly would have no intention of using Tracker as a
backend to Banshee's library given the state of discussion on this
[proposal] thread.

I would advise waiting for Rhythmbox to adopt it first before ruling it out.

There are issues to be fleshed out for Rhythmbox and once they are resolved we will be in a better position to be judged.

Sorry if this whole thread has gone astray but my initial proposal is still t-s-t + tracker for gnome 2.18 and thats what it should be judged on (IE its desktop search capability). We are fairly mature and stable in that area and thats why it has been proposed.

People here have asked about the other interesting features of tracker and so I have been compelled to answer them on this list but that should not have any bearing on whether tracker is adopted or not.

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://jamiemcc.livejournal.com/