Re: remove tomboy dependency on gtkspell?

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:35:54 -0400, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> bonobo, it may well be worth our time to make Evolution use GtkSpell
> instead, and work on ways to get GtkSpell into GTK+ proper, so that
> any editing widgets on the desktop, can just inherently have spell
> checking support.

I did ask Owen about this some years ago now, and he was then of the
opinion that spelling checkers didn't really belong in GTK and it was best
to keep it as an external library. I don't know if Ridley signified new
direction/thinking on this or not.

thanks -mike