Re: International Space Station Images

[snip]
> A fight because bullsh*t is a cancer. For another example check this
> "review" that puts gtkmm not only above other wrappers but almost on one
> level with GTK+ itself:
> http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/928
>
> This article is a direct result of gtkmm presentation that tries to
> expose that wrapper as a savior by lowering GTK+. This cancer is being
> spread for years and the campaign has a deafening success, I myself was
> hypnotized once.
[snip]

This is so vague that it's difficult to respond. I assume that you object
to gtkmm developers suggesting that people use gtkmm instead of GTK+ to
developer applications. So I'll note that
- The GTK+ developers recommend that people use language bindings to
develop applications. They say it's easier.
- gtkmm is meant for people who like C++. It's obviously better than GTK+
for C++ coders.
So I'm not sure what the charges against me are.

To your other points: People (me included) don't seem to understand what
you are suggesting or the implications of it, and are offended by their
understanding so far. When that happens it's best to calmly think again
about how you are presenting it. If people still don't agree with you then
that's life. We all have different opinions and we can't all fight about
them. Some people call that politics, but it's just getting things done.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com