Re: Gnome-Panel Customization

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your quick answer!

I mean lock all items except window-list, (Can't add any applet to the gnome-panel).

I am using the Suse 9 SP3.
I need to disable/lock some features of Suse Gnome. Among several things, we want to lock user's access to the terminal. We tried the GConf Command Line Tool, and put this command:

"gconftool-2 --direct --config-source xml:readwrite:/etc/opt/gnome/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/ --type bool --set /apps/panel/global/locked_down true" --> This will Disable Panel Configuration

"gconftool-2 --direct --config-source xml:readwrite:/etc/opt/gnome/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/ --type bool --set /desktop/gnome/lockdown/disable_command_line true" --> This will Disable Command Line Operations

The issue here is that we done this, and it was suppose to disable/lock this features, but didin't!!

What do you think Brian?

Best Regards,
Paulo César Silva

brian muhumuza wrote:

    Hello all,

    I am trying to customize the gnome-panel, but i'm not able to do
    it. What i want to do is, to disable everything in the
    gnome-panel, except the window-list.

    Is it possible to do this quickly in the configurations files, or
    i must have to change the code and compile again?

    Thank you all.

    Best Regards,
    Paulo César Silva

Do you mean disable or you mean lock all items. Because i don't know any way to disable panel items. If you don't want them, just remove them.
If locking is what you want, you'll have to go into gconf-tool

--

Happy day

Brian