Re: GUnique [Was: gnome-utils branched for GNOME 2.16]

Jeff Waugh wrote:
Can we use it as-is (or as well-defined cut'n'paste code) in GNOME 2.18 and
plan towards migrating to a GTK+ 2.12 version in GNOME 2.20? Let's at least
have a plan for it, otherwise we're just adding yet another [as above] with
little active thought for our users, distributors and platform consumers.

Mh, why would it target GTK+ and not Glib ? I'm asking this because such a "Unique Instance" stuff would also be useful for daemons that (obviously) shouldn't link with GTK+ since there is usually no UI for those...