Re: Sticky Windows

2007/4/8, Hubert Figuiere <hub figuiere net>:
adel wrote:
> GNOME desktop needs something like this
> http://www.donelleschi.com/stickywindows/

You mean the big white rectangle with the green icon in the middle of
the web page? That's very descriptive.

While we are making fun and not taking it seriously:

I remember seeing an equivalent feature in that modern window manager
called "twm". Only in that it wasn't restricted to the screen edges,
it was anywhere on the desktop area!

On a more serious note:

That sounds like the task bar, plus spatial information. Not a bad
idea, now what we need is someone interested to make a proto version
and take it to usability-list for comments.

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi