Re: Information needed: Modules in official GNOME releases but not on the official release cycle

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 15:41 -0400, Willie Walker wrote:
<snip>
> The current version of gnome-speech is 0.4.11, with the '0' in there to
> indicate a lack of courage to just call it 1.0.  :-)  In general (not
> just for gnome-speech), I sure find it confusing to know which versions
> of which modules go with which versions of GNOME.  Some sort of
> suggestion to reduce the confusion would be great.

Follow the GNOME versions. Totem 1.5.92 became 2.16.0. And I'm far less
confused about the version numbering now as well :)

If gnome-speech works with GNOME 2.14 and above, just number it 2.14.x,
and people will instantly know it should work with 2.14 and above (even
though Totem 2.18 still works with GNOME 2.16...).

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>