Re: Generating excitement in GNOME

<quote who="John (J5) Palmieri">

> The point is not a conformity to the 6 month cycle but a forward moving
> process that would eventually get the project into the more formal
> releases.  Most of it is just getting all the information into one spot so
> projects can start to work together even before they become part of the
> release.

It's also a great way of signalling not only that the developer wants it to
be part of one of the production release suites, but that the community also
wants it to be. I tend to think that gnome-scan, for instance, would receive
community support right now for entering the Desktop suite *at some point in
the future*, but isn't quite ready.

Having a home for these efforts is a fine way of pimping stuff to contribute
to. We could start doing GNOME Love projects around this set of modules, so
new hackers have something cool to work on but won't be stressed about their
work impacting production modules.

- Jeff

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/