Re: Any suggestions for what to use as key -> value database in gnome-keyring?

Ross Burton wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-04-29 at 18:28 +0000, Nate Nielsen wrote:
>> With the new certificate store support coming to GNOME Keyring
>> internally we have the need to store indexes of fields or a small map of
>> trust values.
>
> Berkeley DB is used by various parts of Evolution, and as far as I know
> hasn't changed file format since 3.x (which was many years ago).

I was put off by the fact that Evolution, NSS, and many other projects
have Berkeley DB as part of their source rather than depending on it as
a library.

Anyone with inside know if this is due to incompatibilities between
versions or other instabilities?

Also Berkeley is a database that seems to need maintenance, from
experiences administering OpenLDAP and other systems. It comes with
various tools to this end.

Is it in fact usable a 'store and forget' type db?

Cheers,
Nate Nielsen