Re: org.gnome.Application DBus Interface

Hi!

On 8/13/07, Alex Jones <alex weej com> wrote:
> > InvokeAction (action_name, arguments)
> > That would be very useful (as we tried to do on the CORBA days) for
> > automation
>
> Actually what is a better solution here is to use a different interface,
> such as the common media player interface described here:

I completely agree.

What do you think of having a bunch of properties exported as well?
This is based on what GLib is able to give.

      <property name="Prgname" type="s" access="read" />
      <property name="Version" type="s" access="read" />
      <property name="ApplicationName" type="s" access="read" />
<?      <property name="CurrentTime" type="s" access="read" /> <!--
iso8601 --> ?>

And quit?
     <method name="Quit" />

=> This could raise an error. But the default behavior could be to try
to close everything (all documents).

That would be nice, I think.

Regards,

--