DynamicMimeTypes

Hi List

Applications like Rhythmbox and Totem have content handling capabilities
that are dependent on GStreamer. Currently, they have to hardcode a list
of MIME types in their Desktop Entries, which sucks a bit.

So how about we try something like I've sketched up in the attached
diagram.

Rhythmbox can then say that it can handle all file types given by the
registered "org.gstreamer.Audio" handler, which will return something
like:

audio/mpeg
audio/x-vorbis+ogg
audio/x-flac

And these types can be munged in with the rest of the types listed in
the Desktop Entry.

Also if someone else could think of some better terminology, that would
be super.