Re: org.gnome.Application DBus Interface

On Sun, 2007-08-19 at 20:08 +0200, Steve Frécinaux wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 23:30 +0100, Alex Jones wrote:
>
> > The only reason I want to use, e.g. InvokeURIAction("Play", URI) vs.
> > Play(URI) is that it makes implementation easier, and means we have a
> > clean namespace for the URI actions. (The other alternative for that
> > last point is to make *another* interface, say,
> > "org.gnome.Application.URIAction".)
>
> I guess InvokeURIAction is just a generalization of OpenURI (where Open
> would be the default action).
>
> I suppose you're doing it because that's how gnome-open behaves
> currently. But what will you do when gvfs will deprecate URIs as the
> primary way of referring to a file ?

Actually I had decided to change the name of this function to
InvokeFileAction to more accurately reflect that it is intended for the
use of acting upon *files*, as opposed to just anything that can be
referenced by a URI.

So the function is InvokeFileAction(string action_id, string uri)

I wasn't aware that GVFS was replacing URIs for referring to files. Are
we at the stage with GVFS where we are passing pseudo-FDs around yet?