Re: About SSL "Trick or Treat" Dialogs

On Dec 5, 2007 9:51 AM, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:
> But that still leaves a basic premise here that I object to: that
> a self-signed certificate is worth something. Roughly speaking, the
> networking world is divided into two pieces:

Maybe to alleviate some of the disharmony of self-signed certs with
GNOME sites, the GNOME Foundation could run its own CA which sends a
cert to each foundation member and issues certs to the GNOME family of
sites as well.  At that point Epiphany could install the GNOME
Foundation CA's signing cert by default.

Cheers,

Adam