Re: Don't forget the some folks use network access to Gnome

Hi Seb,

On Dec 7, 2007 7:13 AM, Seb James <seb esfnet co uk> wrote:
> 2) I think this is one for the gdm developers or specifically for the
> gdm theme developers. The window that shows up when you choose "Log Out
> $user" or "Shut Down" always has slightly the wrong options when you are
> in an XDMCP environment. For example, the "Switch User" option is often
> available, which only works when you are at the real console of the
> machine. A little tidying up here and testing with XDMCP would add some
> nice polish to our favourite desktop environment.

And the user switcher applet should not be shown in this case either.
These and other things were included in the "What did we get wrong"
section of my GUADEC talk [1].  We aim to fix these with the new GDM
[2].

Jon

[1] http://people.freedesktop.org/~mccann/talks/guadec-multiuser.pdf
[2] http://live.gnome.org/GDM/NewDesign