Re: Proposed module: empathy

What happened to the discussion about blessed dependency on Telepathy and friends? I've already made my concerns about Empathy well-known so I will not repeat them here, but what I think is far more important to discuss is why telepathy should or should not be a part of the Gnome desktop experience out of the box. In the games module, for instance, there will be pressure to launch multi-player games from and over telepathy. I'm sure other module maintainers will feel the same kinds of pressures to implement this additional interface.

So in summary, WTF is Telepathy and Topaz and why should I care? (Or for the tin-foil-hat brigade: why does Nokia/Collabora care about this so much?)