Re: Menu being purged from memory? Was: New Control Centre

Le mardi 06 février 2007, à 01:37, Richard Hughes a écrit :
> On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 19:55 -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> > It's no slower than the old panel menus, which get purged from memory
> > after a few minutes
>
> Hmm. How do you stop the menus being purged? This is in reference to my
> blog about optimizing GNOME for speed for a large memory system [1].

I don't think they're purged from memory anymore. This changed a few
years ago I believe.

What's happening, though, is that the menu is rebuilt when a .desktop
file is added/changed/removed, and the icons are loaded only when the
menu is shown. Which is ugly.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.