Re: slab menu

On 2/6/07, Alex Graveley <alex beatniksoftware com> wrote:
Please constrain useless comments like this to private email.

Yeah. That was not constructive.

Things that might have been constructive:

* here is how slab clones windows, and here is some usability
reasoning on why that particular cloned functionality is bad
* here is how slab clones windows, and here is some discussion of an
alternate path that some other GUI took, and why we might want to do
that instead

etc.

'windows bad, cloning windows bad' is value-free.

(I'm not personallly sold on the slab, but that has more to do with
things like the apparent lack of tarball releases and (at least in the
version that is in Feisty) the lack of very basic things like obeying
fitts' law when in the panel. But those are concrete problems that can
be discussed and addressed; 'it clones windows' is not, and hence
isn't useful.)

Luis

P.S. Despite not being sold on slab for the desktop, I'm *desperately*
awaiting the day it is ported to the N800 ;)