Re: Announcing Wasabi - Unifying Desktop Search - feedback needed

On 2/6/07, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel kamstrup gmail com> wrote:
* In Short:
Wasabi is new project with the goal of creating a unified, platform
independent, specification and api for desktop search engines (and later
metadata services). We have worked together with several search-projects and
now have a proposal ready for public evaluation. In short: we need feedback
from application developers - that means you.

Does Wasabi  have any impact on data source providers?  For instance,
if the Seahorse Project wants to have GPG key data or other encryption
related items show up in Beagle's results, we'd have to write a query
based data source specifically for Beagle.  Likewise, we'd have to
write another one for tracker in which ever terminology they use or
for whichever the indexing back end du jour is.

Can or should Wasabi include a standard method to make data sources
available and publish them with some sort of standard DBus interface?
I ask this because after reading the specs it seems like Wasabi just
sits between an indexer and a view of a users choice.

Cheers,

Adam