Re: Suggestion: New Control Centre disabled by default in GNOME 2.18 (was: New Control Centre)

Hi Vincent

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 08:48 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> There's no need to use GConf for this. Right now, it's possible to have
> the old menu layout (Preferences/Administration) by editing the menu in
> alacarte: it's just hidden by default.

Oof, thanks for that bit of info, I had no idea it was as simple as
that. I still think this should be default for now, and Control Centre
hidden by default (except maybe in development builds), but I guess
that's the distributor's decision to make.

> There's also a thread on gnomecc-list to switch back to the old layout
> since it's already late in the development cycle and it might be hard to
> fix all the remaining issues in the shell.

Hmm, too many lists. :/

Thanks
--
Alex Jones