Re: Limiting svn-commits-list to your project

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 03:36:21PM +0100, Christian Persch wrote:
> > The svn-commits-list mailinglist now has a topic per SVN module. You can
> > configure svn-commits-list to only send the commit mails you are
> > interested in.
>
> I'd like to use this to limit the numbers of message I receive from
> svn-commits-list. But I also want to receive the mail for any commit
> that _I_ make, regardless of the module this commit is in. Would it be
> possible to implement that while still limiting the list of topics
> received normally?

Only if mailman somehow allows it by default and I do not see any way
how it could allow this. Maybe if the From: address matched your
subscription address, then mailman could possibly deal with it[1]. But
standard mailman does not allow this.

Background:
Currently when you commit, the svn server generates the commit mail
(with a special 'Keywords:' header). This is mailed to mail.gnome.org,
which handled the mailinglist. Mailman compares each regular expression
topic to this 'Keywords:' header (likely perf problem). Finally it uses
the found topics (theoretically there could be more than one) to remove
recipients. There is not really any intelligence possible (other than
creating a topic per SVN username -- and I wont do that).

[1] E.g.: Receive my own posts even if it is regarding another topic
--
Regards,
Olav